- Gunpowder was also known as black powder (19th Century)
- First and only chemical explosive until 1800's
- Gunpowder tea - Tang Dynasty (618 - 907)
- - Founded by the Li family -seized power during the decline and collapse of the Sci Empire
- Taoist Monks or alchemists searching for an elixir of immortality
- It was soon applied to weapons - flamethrowers, rockets, bombs, and land mines, before projectiles.
- - Made fireworks and signal flares
- - Possible uses in medicine and alchemy
- - Solid-fuel rockets used to fight the invading Mongul hordes
Starting point: The Dark Ages (800 - 900)
Step 1: Death, loss, power (and the abuse of it), disease and illness
Step 2: Against the offensive properties however for the defensive properties. It has the some effective and 'exciting' properties that have been exploited.
Defence: It's very effective as a weapon, thus ensuring safety.
Offense: It's easy to access and causes much devastation.
Solution: There isn't one. If it isn't gunpowder, it would be something else.
Event: The loss and destruction involved in the experimentation is sad.
Alteration?: It wouldn't change anything, if it were not to exist, as it would have been something else.
Step 3: To realise the event and consequences of it.